1. Call My Dad Once a Week. I did this! I ended up talking to my dad on the phone several times a week, plus emailing and texting now and then. It’s amazing how much closer I feel to my dad after just a month of talking to him regularly, often about totally inconsequential things.
2. Work on James’s Cross-Stitch. I did this! I finished the “M” and the “E” pretty quickly and then set it down for the rest of the month to focus on getting some reading done. Now I just need to finish the “S”!
3. Chronicle Our Advent Activities. I did this! We had an unbelievable amount of fun with our advent jar this year and I’m so happy we’ve created this tradition. You can see my Advent Jar Wrap-Up posts here, here, and here.
4. Mail All Holiday Gifts by December 10th. Done! I mailed everything out on the 9th and everything arrived with plenty of time to spare.
5. Print Photos for Simone’s Baby Book. Um, yeah. I totally forgot about this. Again. Bumping to January.
6. Transfer Prescriptions. We’ve transferred one prescription and have two left which don’t need to be filled until January, so they’ll be transferred when we go to refill them.
7. Stay in Our Grocery Budget! This did not happen. However. a relative sent us a supermarket gift card for Christmas, and that mitigated the damage a bit.
8. Dress Up Every Day. I’ve done this! I feel like sticking to this goal has been especially important during my pregnancy, when sometimes it’s really hard to feel attractive at all just because your body is changing so much so quickly.
This wasn’t officially on my list of monthly goals, but one thing I’ve been working on lately is checking our bank balance online each day and syncing it up with our ledger. So far, so good! It helps that ING Direct’s website has a much more pleasant, accessible interface than our old bank.